Our Alpaca Experience is intended to provide an opportunity to both meet, handle and understand these fascinating and unusual animals. To begin with, we'll give you a basic introduction and answer any questions that you may have about them, their origins, diet, etc. We will then give you a safety briefing as to how to handle them and how you should conduct yourself while doing so. This briefing is a requirement of being able to take one out for a walk.
- An alpaca experience will last between 1 to 2 hours and will cost £25 per alpaca.
- If two people are sharing an alpaca, the cost is £35. No more than 2 people may share an alpaca.
- Due to insurance restrictions, we cannot accommodate children under 16.
- Please note, we have 9 boys for trekking, so there may be other groups of people on the experience.
- Our 'alpaca experiences' run every day throughout the Summer at 10:00am and 2pm- weather permitting!
- Days and times of Alpaca interactions are flexible. If the date and time for your trip is not shown as available, please contact us and we'll see what we can do.
- Due to the fact that we will be trekking over uneven ground, unfortunately at this time, we are not wheelchair friendly.
- Please wear sensible footwear. We will be trekking in fields and the ground may be wet and uneven. Also, please remember that we are in the North of Scotland where the weather can change frequently - so please bring suitable clothing.
- We anticipate being able to trek in most weathers, however, if the weather is extreme, we reserve the right to cancel that days activities. If this occurs, we will contact you as soon as possible to re-arrange or to offer a full refund.
- If you need to cancel a booking, please do so more than 24 hours in advance, so that we can re-book your time slot and refund your fee. If you decide not to turn up for any reason without prior notification, a refund will not be payable.
- Booking is advisable, however we will do our best to accommodate you at short notice.
To protect our alpacas from any infections, parasites etc., we will kindly ask all visitors to dip their boots in a disinfectant foot bath before entry. This keeps our animals safe. Thankyou